Create an AdWords manager account
If you’re an agency or someone who manages multiple AdWords accounts, a manager account is a powerful tool that could save you time. A manager account is an AdWords account that lets you easily view and manage multiple AdWords accounts -- including other manager accounts -- from a single location.
A manager account isn't an "upgrade" of your AdWords account. Instead, it's an entirely new AdWords account you create. Think of a manager account as an umbrella AdWords account with several individual AdWords accounts linked to it. As always, owners of individual AdWords accounts can sign in to their accounts and maintain access to their information.
Here’s how to create a manager account:
- Visit https://www.google.com/adwords/manager-accounts/ and click Start Now
- Enter the email address you want to use for this account. The email address must not already be used to sign in to other AdWords accounts. (Get tips for creating new email addresses).
- Give your manager account a name. This is the name that your clients will see in their managed account.
- Choose how you plan to use the account, either as an account to manage your own multiple AdWords accounts, or to manage other people’s accounts.
- Select your country and time zone. This time zone will be used for your account reporting and billing and can’t be changed. You might want to choose the time zone you work in.
- Select a permanent currency for your account. This selection will associate your manager account with an appropriate currency for any specific billing needs for your account (e.g. Manager Defined Spend). You might want to choose the currency in which you do business. Your client accounts will be billed in their individual chosen currencies.
- Check the box to accept the rules of use and click Save and continue.
- Once your email is verified, your new manager account is active!
Linking an AdWords account to your manager account
To begin using your new manager account, you’ll need to link it to an existing or new AdWords account, or to another manager account. Then, you can view information across multiple AdWords accounts and switch between all linked accounts using just one login.
An individual AdWords account can be linked to no more than 5 manager accounts, and your managed account structure can be no greater than 6 levels deep. Also, a manager account can't be directly managed by more than 1 other manager account.
Linking an Existing AdWords Account:
- Log into your AdWords MCC.
- Click Google Ads in the left hand menu to ensure you are at the top level of your MCC.
- Click the blue plus button
- Choose "Link existing accounts."
5. Enter the AdWords account's Customer ID number in the client accounts field. To link multiple accounts at once, enter one Customer ID per line.
6. Click Send Request.
7. When you click Send Request, the AdWords account you added will receive an account notification and email that invites them to link to your account. Any user with administrative access on the invited account can accept your invitation by clicking the gear icon.
8. Once the invitation is accepted, you will be able to see the account in your MCC
Create a New AdWords Account:
- Log into your AdWords.
- Click the Google AdWords logo in the upper right hand corner to ensure you are at the top level of your MCC.
- Click the + New AdWords account.
- Complete the form, and click Create account.
- Once your account is created, click Done.
- To activate your new managed account and begin running ads, you’ll need to provide billing information from within the new account, or set the new account up on consolidated billing. To set up billing in the new managed account, click the account name in the “Client” column. Then click the gear icon, choose Billing, and select Billing preferences to begin. Learn more about setting up consolidated billing.
If you are having issues please review the additional instruction here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en